Officers of the Board
President & Principle Director ~ Brad D. Fowler
Brad has been with Camelot Theatre for over twenty years with over fifty productions under his belt. His credits include –
- Acting: a Hoovervillian, Bert Healy and as Franklin D. Roosevelt in Camelot’s 2002 production of Annie; Commander Harbison in South Pacific (2003); the school teacher in School House Rock (2004, 2006 & 2007); the lawyer in Haints in Huntington Hall (2005); Mr. Cocker in Back to the 80’s; Harvey in The Papers (2010); Jim in All Shook Up (2012); the father in Meet Me in St. Louis (2013); Sponge Bob in School Hose Rock Live! (2017); Brian in How to Have the Best Christmas Ever (2017); Corey Sr. in Back to the 80’s (2018); and most recently as Papa Bear and the Dragon in Shrek the Musical (2022).
Producing: Nunsense (2005); Back to the 80’s (2009); and Disney’s High School Musical (2010).
- Assistant Directing: Hansel & Gretel (2014); The Outsiders (2016); Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Kids (2017) and Godspell (2019).
- Directing: School House Rock (2004 ~ co-director); School House Rock (2006, 2007, & 2009); School House Rock Too (2008); Willy Wonka, Junior (2008); The Wizard of Oz (2010); The Papers (2010); Disney’s Camp Rock (2011); Snow White Goes West (2011); All Shook Up (2012); Disney’s Beauty & the Beast, Junior (2012); Meet Me in St. Louis (2013); Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Junior (2013); Disney’s My Son Pinocchio, Junior (2014); The Adventures of Robin Hood (2015); Disney’s Peter Pan, Junior (2015); Disney’s The Lion King, Junior (2016); The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (2017); School House Rock Live! (2017); How to Have the Best Christmas Ever (2017); Back to the 80’s (2018); Junie B. Jones, Junior (2018); Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Junior (2019); Gilligan’s Island the Musical (2019); Beauty and the Beast (2021); Clue – On Stage (2021); Moana Jr. (2021); Frozen Jr (2022); Zelma’s Adventure (2022); Shrek the Musical (2022); Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (2022); and most recently Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2023).
- Brad also directed some of Camelot’s young actors in a nationwide competition at the 2011-2018, and 2020 Junior Theatre Festivals.
- Brad’s wife, Colleen, and two daughters, Whitley and Lindsey, are also very active with Camelot in various roles. Brad was an IT Project Manager for the Georgia Department of Labor in Atlanta for 27 years. He is currently employed as the Systems Administrator at Gordon State College.
Vice President of Operations ~ Logan Chase Fagin
Logan is an alumnus of the University of West Georgia. He is very active in his local community theater program, Camelot Theatre, having performed in and assisted with various productions over the last seven years. In addition to being involved with local theatre, Logan is also a third year drama instructor for an after school program in Henry County. He recently portrayed Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast (2021); Mr. Boddy in Clue – On Stage (2021); Thelonious in Shrek the Musical (2022); and most recently as Judge Turpin in Sweeney Todd (2023).
Vice President of Communications ~ William Samples
William Samples is currently enrolled at Clayton State University in the theatre program. He has loved every second spent with Camelot Theatre. Will has been involved with Camelot Theatre since 2010 at the young age of 7. Will’s acting credits include roles in Sweeney Todd (2023), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Jr. (2019), Back to the 80s (2018), Junie B. Jones Jr. (2018), The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (2017), Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Kids (2017), Disney’s The Lion King Jr. (2016), The Outsider’s (2016), Disney’s Peter Pan Jr. (2015), The Adventures of Robin Hood (2015), Disney’s My Son Pinocchio Jr. (2014), Disney’s 101 Dalmatians Kids (2013), Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr. (2013), Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Jr. (2012), Snow White Goes West (2011), Disney’s Camp Rock (2011), and The Wizard of Oz (2010). His recent credits have been focused on backstage efforts starting with School House Rock Live! (2017). He was the Stage Manager for Gilligan’s Island (2019), Beauty and the Beast (2021), Clue- On Stage (2021), Moana Jr. (2021), Frozen Jr. (2022), Shrek the Musical (2022), Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (2022), and most recently Sweeney Todd (2023). Will was also the Student Director for Camelot’s Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Jr. (2019). Will has also amassed other opportunities with other local groups that grew from his experiences at Camelot. Outside of Camelot, Will has gained numerous credits, most notable including being the Student Director for Into the Woods Jr. (2021) with Spalding High School, Mrs. White in Clue – The Musical (2021) with Studio D, and other numerous roles with Spalding High School. Will loves the theatre and hopes to share that love with the world around him.
Treasurer ~ Brenda Whitley
Brenda Whitley received her Bachelor degree in Accounting in 2005 and a Degreed Certificate in Accounting in 2008. She worked as a staff accountant and eventually became a regional accountant for a national company that managed Senior Retirement Communities. She and her husband, Julius moved to Griffin, GA in 2011 from Tucson, AZ.
Recently they moved to Locust Grove.She became familiar with Camelot about 6 years ago. She and her husband owned a T-shirt printing company and has printed Camelot’s show shirts. She and Julius have been to several shows and she jumped at the opportunity to volunteer as Treasure when asked.
She also volunteers in the business office of their church.
Secretary ~ Allison Smyly
Allison Smyly fell in love with theatre early, participating in church productions as a child and duet acting competitions in junior high. She studied speech and drama throughout high school under Mrs. Pat Lee and was chosen to participate in the Georgia Governor’s Honors Program in Drama.
After graduating from the University of Georgia, she worked in human resources, served as editor of a regional magazine, and is
now Marketing Director for an architecture firm. She has three daughters who have participated in various Camelot productions and is glad to be part of Camelot Theatre Company’s Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
Lori first discovered her passion for theatre at Upson High School in the 9th grade. She also became involved with the arts in Griffin as a teenager studying dance and mime under the Bradleys at Arts in Motion. Upon her graduation in 1993 she received a theatre scholarship to Gordon College. After finishing her associate’s she moved on to the University of Georgia where she graduated with honors and a double major in theatre and English. Soon after, Lori and her husband returned to Griffin and Lori was immediately able to put her degree to good use teaching ballet, acting and mime, and directing her first show for Arts In Motion at the age of 24. Once her first daughter was born in 2000, theatre took a backseat to motherhood as Lori enjoyed being a stay at home mom and involving herself in her children’s pursuits. Lori became involved with Camelot in 2010 when she and her daughters auditioned for The Wizard of Oz. Since then, she and all three of her children have been very active on and off the stage with Camelot and also with TUAC in Thomaston. Recently, Lori has completed a second bachelor’s degree in Education from Gordon, and she currently teaches drama at Pike County Middle & High School. Her favorite past roles include Shelby in Steel Magnolias, Anna in The King and I, Lady Macduff in Macbeth at UGA, the Wicked Witch in Camelot’s Wizard of Oz, and Mayor Matilda in Camelot’s All Shook Up. Lori is a firm believer that creativity, collaboration, and accountability are just a few of the real-life essential skills that our kids are able to master when given the chance to participate in the arts.
Dee was born and lives in Griffin. She is married to Greg and they have a Son, Kyle.
Dee has worked in healthcare for over 35 years. She has volunteered her time working with costumes, and enjoys being involved in theater.
Dee was recently quoted saying, “Kyle has performed in several productions, and I fell in love with theater”. And, “I’m amazed watching the cast bring the costumes to life”. She looks forward to working with cast members & crew, sharing in the theatrical development of everyone involved. Dee was the official costumer for Disney’s The Lion King Jr, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, School House Rock Live!, Back to the 80’s, Junie B. Jones Jr; Godspell; Chitty Chitty Bang Bang; Gilligan’s Island the Musical; Clue – On Stage and most recently Moana Jr.
Faith Hendrix is excited to be serving on the board of Camelot! She has always loved music and theatre and actively performed with the Girls’ Treble Choir at Griffin High School in the early 90s. She also participated in District Honor Chorus, All State Chorus, and Literary Meets during middle and high school. Her love of music lead her to Gordon College on a vocal performance scholarship with a piano minor after high school. While at Gordon, she performed in several choirs on campus and in All College Chorus. She has been involved in church choirs and musicals for many years starting when she was a little girl. After deciding that a Music Education degree was not what she wanted to pursue, she finished her BS degree in Early Childhood Education in 1996 at Mercer University. She taught elementary school for three years before she and her husband started a family and she became a stay at home mom. Her four children all have a love for music, but her youngest found Camelot Theatre several years ago and was hooked on musical theatre. Through her daughter’s love of Camelot, Faith grew to love Camelot too! She performed in Beauty and the Beast in 2021 and checked off something on her bucket list by performing with her daughter. Faith works part time at a local Chamber of Commerce, enjoys hiking and camping, and spending time with her growing family. Now she looks forward to helping Camelot by serving on the Board and with future shows in whatever capacity she is needed.
Jeff Hoffman, Jr.
Jeff is married to Jennifer Hoffman and has a daughter, LilyGrace. Jeff has 28 years of woodworking background. The last 7 years he has been building sets in movies and television through the IATSE union. Jeff was introduced to Camelot through Marlena Bell and was asked to help build the sets for Shrek the Musical (2022). While helping build the sets his daughter found a love of theater and has performed in Rudolph Jr and the upcoming Finding Nemo Jr. Jeff developed a love for helping to build theater sets and has helped with Rudolph Jr (2022), Sweeney Todd (2023) and Finding Nemo Jr (2023). He also helped backstage as a stage hand with Sweeney Todd.